Instructions for the Photographers
Forest, Parks and Wildlife Department, Government of Gilgit-Baltistan is organizing a Photo Competition to highlight the birds and mammals of Gilgit-Baltistan. In this regard the department would like to invite photographers from all over Pakistan to submit their best wildlife photographs for this event.
1. Thematic Areas for the photo competition: Mammals and Birds of Gilgit-Baltistan.
2. Who can participate: Individuals from all over Pakistan
3. Last date of submission: 15th May 2022
4. Submit your photographs at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Each participant can submit up to 3 images.
6. Each participant will provide his or her full name, age, gender, profession, contact details and full address.
7. The images should accompany written description in the form of capture location, date of capture and description of the image.
8. The images should be at least 6 megapixels in resolution.
9. The images should prominently depict birds or mammals found in Gilgit-Baltistan.
10. Highly processed or composited images are discouraged.
11. The picture should not have any prominent watermarks or signatures.
12. Images of dead, captive or domestic animals are not allowed.
13. Nest images are not allowed for the competition.
14. The photographers should follow the ethics of not disturbing the animals while photographing.
15. The photographer or individual submitting the images should hold the appropriate copyrights, as the images will be used by the department for display purposes under the photographer’s name.
16. The department reservesS the right to accept or reject any or all photographs without any explanation or justification.
17. Five participant will be awarded cash prizes:
a. Winner of the overall competition, (Cash prize of PKR 50,000)
b. Winner in birds category, (Cash prize of PKR 30,000)
c. Winner in mammals category, (Cash prize of PKR 30,000)
d. Runner-up in birds category, (Cash prize of PKR 20,000)
e. Runner-up in mammals category, (Cash prize of PKR 20,000)
f. Certificate of participation will also be awarded top 20 images (female and young participants will be awarded special certificates).